Monday, September 5, 2011

Rani Hong- Caring for Others

A couple of years after India won freedom and independence form Great Britain, a 7 year old girl named Rani Hong was taken from her family. She lived in a poor village in southern India, but when her father was to sick to support her large family, a woman from her village made an offer to Rani's parents saying that Rani would be looked after and fed well. Her mother only excepted because she was told that she could visit her every day, this was a lie. When her mother went round to the women's house one day, Rani was gone. The supposedly trustworthy woman had sold Rani Hong to a slave trader, she was 7 years old at this time.

For 8 months she stayed with her owner, Paul, she quotes "every night I cried and cried for my mum, but she didn't come." Today she tells us that she felt like her identity had been taken from her. She said that she remembers the feelings of pain, loneliness and isolation. After 8 months with Paul, she was sold to another slave trader, here she got daily beatings, torture and starvation she quotes "My 7 year old body shut down, I would never look up, I would not talk, I was traumatized. I have blocked out the most violant happenings in my life." She says felt like she wanted to die.

When she was 8 years old the man she had been with for 1 year sold her for international illegal adoption. This she realizes was one of the best days of her life. She was adopted into America at 8 years old. She loved her adoptive mother with all her heart, Rani quotes that her mother said " I am going to feed you every morning, and I wil take care of you." This to Rani is very special because she cant remember a life with love and warmth in it. In this time she began to heal and she learned to love.

21 years later she went back to India to find her real mother, Soon she was back in the arms of the woman she had been dreaming about, she and her mother where reunited.
Today she travels the world helping victims of trafficking, she has set up a foundation called The Tronie Foundation, this helps raise money for people in need and it gives people hope.

Rani Hong fought for freedom, she had nothing but to hope that she would live a normal life one day, she fights for peoples freedom and will continue to do that for the rest of her life. Freedom is worth fighting for because in Rani's situation without it she wouldn't be here today, she saved herself and now she is saving others in every way posible. She inspires me because usually to men women at below them, so for Rani Hong to stand up and make a stop to slavery is wonderful, she has made me think about what life would be if I where in her situation, and of corse I wouldn't like it, but nobody would, would they? She is making a huge difference in the would and I know other people, not jut me appreciate that

Today Rani Hong is an inspiration all over the world, She gives us hope and security.  People fly her all over the world to give speeches and she helps people who have been in the slave industries.Through her actions she has saved many people all over the world, She gave people a reason to live, she is showing us that everyone can help and anyone can make a difference. Even you.


By Sophie Day


2 comments:

  1. I think your post is very well done. I could understand how freedom is worth fighting for and risking your health and well being for. I agree that Rani Hong was a huge inspiration for many people around the world. I could tell that you did lots of research on this. Your Exposition and conclusion was very strong and well thought of. As well as giving your blog some meaning. It went really deep and that was nice. Though you could have worked more on editing and revising your essay, because there were multiple grammar and spelling mistakes. But overall, job well done! I think you deserve a good mark for your blog.

    -Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your post is very well done. I could understand how freedom is worth fighting for and risking your health and well being for. I agree that Rani Hong was a huge inspiration for many people around the world. I could tell that you did lots of research on this. Your Exposition and conclusion was very strong and well thought of. As well as giving your blog some meaning. It went really deep and that was nice.
    If you were her, would you change anything? Would you make her stay with her mother? You may have a different opinion but I believe that the tragedies that occurred in her life was essential to her becoming as successful as she can be. She probably wouldn't have become the role model that she is today if the smallest details of her life were changed.
    Overall though, your blog was very meaningful and you deserve a good mark.
    -Patrick

    ReplyDelete