
Watching Jesus Colons story has made me understand that he is treated different because of his nationality, and especially because in the 1950 people treated other people by appearance, the negro Americans where not treated with respect. In the story his decision not to help the lady, in my opinion was a bad idea, I say this because people already think bad of his people, so if you just walk past someone in need of help, to them that may be rude, and because you are "different" to them, they might think you where doing something bad. I think that he is a good man at heart, but is scared of the consequences of talking to a white woman, but I think he needs to take a risk, not matter what the situation. It is amazing how people can be so judgmental of other people, and sometimes destroy there lives, Jesus Colon isn't very different to other people that are judge because of there looks, his feeling are so strong and some people dont understand that they are just like other people, we need to learn how to respect everyone.
By Sophie Day
No comments:
Post a Comment